Friday, September 16, 2016

Scripture - Jonah

I have written about Jonah before. But I seem to be fascinated with him. Something caught my eye today again. 


This reminded me of when the winds were boisterous upon the Sea of Galilee and the Savior slept. He had to be awakened also. 

In both cases, everyone else was up and frantic. They did what they could. 

In both cases the storm stilled immediately, in Jonah's case after he was thrown over-board. 

I am still humbled that we know the weakness of Jonah more than his strengths. That Jesus referred to the sign of Jonah to help explain His mission. 

That the most human of prophets was instrumental in the saving of the wickedest of cities; while the Son of Man was condemned and killed in the City of God. 

There are all kinds of comparisons and contrasts between the two. 

I think I would like to look up Jonah when I pass and learn the rest of his story. 

No comments: