For example, he had a night meet last night. Craig and I wandered the course a bit. Craig figured out he course and made a plan on how to see him run the best. At Cross Country meets, there really isn't a way for spectators to see the whole race, so a plan must be had.
We also watched the Harvest moon rise. My little camera in my phone doesn't have the capability to take pictures of celestial bodies, although I tried my best. I zoomed in as much as possible and then I cropped it almost to nothing.
This is what I got. A glowing, orangish, hazy ball of light.
This is what I saw. The picture is courtesy of the Internet. The moon was spectacular.
Josh ran a new personal best by 40 seconds. I timed him at 17:40. I'm not sure what his official time was, but I'm sure I was pretty close.
This morning the team did a beach run. We got up and drove to Corona del Mar. Josh ran 6 miles with the "fast kids." He said it was fun. Yeah for him.
Craig and I enjoyed the beach. We found ourselves across from the Wedge at the end of Newport Beach. There is a similiar sea wall (I'm showing my ignorance because I don't know if it's called a jetty - I really don't think so or what.)
From inspiration point across the little inlet. First Craig and I watched the waves wash over the rocks. I love seeing the spray as a wave engulfs the rocks.
Somebody put a sculpture of a momma sea lion and her pup on the rock. I tried to get the spray, but got the aftermath. Still fun.
Then we walked down to the beach and wandered across to the sea wall (?). We marveled at the size and opulence of the houses on the cliff. I mean really, who can afford to live in a place like that? They were amazing.
We wandered out a ways on the huge granite boulders. I was fascinated by the coroding rebar in the concrete that protected the the water way. There were a few sedimentary rocks boulders in, but most were granite. They reminded me of Wisconsin. I'm not too sure where the granite came from, but I was grateful for it.
The rocks were a favorite hang out of birds. My favorite was the Pelicans.
This guy watched us for a long time. He didn't move much. I think he's beautiful.
Here he got a little shy.
Of course lots of seagulls too.
We watched the waves curl the dance with the seaweed. Everyonce in a while, we saw a flash of orange. On our walk back, I asked a fisherman on the beach. He seemed to know what he was doing. We were seeing girabaldi, the California State Marine fish, they can be found from Monterray down to Baja. They are protected, and beautiful. Of course no good picture to be had, so I copied one from the Internet.
We wandered in the edge of the water, I even got the bottoms of my shorts wet. Next time I'll have to be better dressed and get in.
I've decided that Heavenly Father loves the water too. He created so many things that only he can see. The fish are amazing and give such delight with all their different colors and shapes. Surely they are the joyful creation of an artist who loves them.











1 comment:
Well, if you're stuck killing time while your kid is doing sports, at least you have some seriously gorgeous places to hang out!
Post a Comment