Monday, October 31, 2016

Recognizing His hand -

A week ago, Craig told me about his dinner. He was traveling to Upland (just a day trip) when he decided he was hungry. He felt like he needed rice and beans and wasn't familiar with the area and the available restaurants. 

He saw a Cafe Rio and happily went in to feed his craving. As he was going out, he noticed two sister missionaries. He thought, I should buy their dinner, but then dismissed the thought and went out to the car. He got the impression again, and went back into the restaurant and waited at the cash register so he could pay for their dinner. 

He told me that he later was taught that was the reason for his craving, and he was scared that he almost missed it. He almost missed helping the Lord take care of His missionaries.

                                                           *****************************

Saturday Craig, Josh and I went out to eat. We came home with leftovers, enough for Sunday dinner. I had already bought a roast, and wanted to cook it. No hanging on to a roast for Sunday dinner for a whole week. Sunday morning I saw I had left the pan I needed to cook the roast dirty in the sink. Icky, I know. I thought about just getting it ready to put in the dishwasher and leaving it at that. But I found myself washing the pan and getting the roast ready and delay starting the oven because I was going early for choir practise.

In Relief Society it was announced that the missionaries needed dinners, in fact they needed dinner that day. There I was sitting in church with a big roast in the oven. So I claimed the elders for dinner and sent Craig a text about what I had done and to tell the missionaries that they were coming to our house for dinner. (We had just had them for dinner on Tuesday.)

I got home before Craig, and got started on the potatoes and had the boys set the table. Because the roast was in the oven, the missionaries were eating at a non-standard time. I apologized to them when they came over, and they said it was perfect, they were fasting that day and the timing was great. I was  grateful that I had listened and put the roast in and had dinner for two fasting servants of the Lord. They decided to fast, knowing they didn't have dinner scheduled.

                                                    ************************************
After dinner Craig took them home. They had mentioned that they didn't have their phone. They thought it might have fallen out of their pocket in the car. So I didn't really worry about it. 

Craig came home and said they hadn't found the phone in the car. He turned on his flashlight and looked under the  recliners, and searched the couch and love seat. The missionaries called and he said he had looked and didn't find it. 

I had changed seats to get closer to the light so I could read my book. I looked at my old seat and said, I was sitting in that seat when you were looking. He had looked under the recliner, but now he searched the cushions. He waited for about a minute before he called them which was a bit weird, but when he called them, they told him that after the first phone call, using the phone of another companionship, they had been discouraged and had just knelt in prayer to ask for His help. As soon as they said amen, the phone rang and it was Craig. 

I felt bad that I had not gotten out of the seat and looked the first time, but Craig said I wasn't supposed to find it then. This was a faith building moment for His elders, and He was in charge of the timeline.

                                                      ***************************************
I am humbled by these  moments of seeing His hand in our lives.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Those sweet, small and simple moments are wonderful! :)