Sunday, July 9, 2017

Happy birthday, Dad

Today he would have been 84. It has been over 12 years since I last heard his voice. On Father's Day I had to teach Sunday School. My topic was the Word of Wisdom. It was hard to teach that lesson that day.  That was what he struggled with, to talk about that on the day set aside to remember him. I wanted to remember the best things about him. And, I did. And,there are many best things. 

I remember his sense of humor and his love of family. I remember he loved bread, fresh from the oven. He loved peanut butter sandwiches and BYU football. He loved his brothers and his children. He loved his wife.

BloggerImage

His wedding day photo with Joyce. I thought for a while that she would join him this year, but she decided to stick around a bit longer. They were very happy together, and this is a great photo of them.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Your dad left you a wonderful legacy of love. I'm glad you're remembering the best things about him.