Brenda and Karly caught the early plane home. There is a storm forecast for Wisconsin and we are praying they make their connection and get home in a timely fashion. Gena caught her flight and is on her way home. Joe drove home yesterday after the funeral. I am leaving Monday morning. I hate driving on Sunday’s. After two flat tires on a su day on two different trips, I’ll be happy to never drive on Sunday again. Although sometimes I can’t seem to plan it right.
Our family sang a number for the program. One of Joyce’s favorite hymn was Come,Come Ye Saints. An arrangement was chosen with two key changes. I was not the only one stressed, but we met 90 minutes early and pulled it together in an hour. Our amazing cousin, Alayna, accompanied us. Her mom, Aunt RenĂ©, told us it was beautiful. And I trust she knows and would tell the truth. Paula and Patti, Joyce’s daughters, were generous in there compliments and thanks.
We all were coordinating, but didn’t get a picture. I didn’t think Ivan would pose again. We had just taken a picture the night before.
We also met Cooper’s new fiancĂ©. I really like her. I think we all do. She was brave in the face our our big family gathering and all our weirdness.
I think they are very cute together. And I have never seen Cooper with bushy hair before. He endured the comparisons to the Jonas brothers and endless commentary with good grace. We are looking forward to a May wedding.
At every prayer the petitions went up that we would be nice and not get angry - in different words of course. We were nice and nobody got offended. But I thought it a bit sad that we would all pray for that blessing that comes so naturally to other families. But at the same time, I was grateful that request was granted and worked for.
I think dad and Joyce were pleased this weekend. And I think Heaven was also. So grateful for the gospel and the hope it brings us. So grateful for the knowledge that families can be forever. So grateful that we are working to that end.
1 comment:
Wendy, we pray at every meal and every family prayer that we will be nice and not be mean. And my extended family needs that prayer as well. You are not the only family in need of that prayer. I am glad you all got together and were joyful!
Post a Comment