Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Dive bombed

I love hummingbirds. Part of the charm of this house is a long pourch to hang feeders. 

Today when we got home I was met by a dog frantic, thinking she had been abandoned while we went to work and school. I found a ball for her - she lives to chase balls. I had a thrower so I don’t have to throw a slobbery ball. 

As I stood on the deck, throwing tennis balls 🎾, I was dive bombed by at least 10 hummingbirds feeding on my four feeders. 

I thought they were shy birds, but they are aggressive and territorial. 

I still am amazed at how loud they are. We can hear at least one from inside the house. Whistling and humming, trying to defend all four feeders from the other birds. 


The other two are behind me. 




Avisha is territorial as well, but she ignores the swarming, buzzing tiny things and focuses only on the ball. 🎾 






1 comment:

Anaise said...

That's really fun! What joy!!!