Silverton sits above 9000 feet. It is still winter there.
This is the building. Little tiny chapel. No pews, just chairs.
The branch president told me about an old “slide” that looked like it took down a forest at Eureka. So we went up the road to see.
To show how deep.
You can see debris in the snow.
The splintered trucks and scattered branches.
A layer of green branches littering the snow.
Old mining ruins at Eureka.
The skeleton of a building that the mountain came down on.
Our love affair with water continues. I was so excited to see a beaver damn in the real life, as opposed to pictures.
Clear mountain stream.
A picture to make Brad want to come visit us.
I think this looks like moose country. But it was the wrong time of day to see any.
I still love to take pictures of my kids sleeping.
1 comment:
Looks like a good trip. And you know I love you tons and tons and tons, right? That is what gives me the courage to laughingly remind you that a beaver builds a dam, not a damn. The latter is a mild cuss word. :)
I hope you're laughing, too!!
That sleeping man-child of yours is so long and gangly and grown up!
Post a Comment