Sunday, September 29, 2019

What was I thinking?

I worked my last half day on Friday. And it was work. I thought I would have time to tidy up, but was getting fresh projects completed. My lovely work family sent me away with amazing cards and yummy chocolates- most of them dark. 

I rushed home and packed my car to the gills. 



I traveled with two plants. I managed to keep them alive while I was traveling in the summer and wanted to keep them alive during the drive. I was worried Friday night, and included them in my prayers. I was rewarded by a freshly perky peace lily. Who prays over plants? But He listened, even when I know he is helping families with run away children. Nothing is too small for Him. 



My rear view mirror was useless. I got to SLC after rush hour and with six hours of experience driving with only my side mirrors. I was grateful. 

I ran from the rain all day Saturday. Well, after I lost an hour going back for my makeup kit. I met my sweet sister half way, at the airport. I am grateful she loves me. ❤️

I was rushing to make it in time for Stake Conference. Boaz spoke in the Sunday session and I absolutely had to make it in time. I wilted during the Saturday session. I arrived in time, and we unloaded the car in the rain. 🚘 

I cannot express how good it is to belong with somebody as I walk into church. I had people to sit with. People who I belonged with. I have sat with people over the summer, but I walked in looking for who to sit with. Now I just sit with my people and we are all happy together. 

Boaz rocked his talk. I cried. I watched him interact with so many youth. Girls and boys that he has connected with, in just 4 short (very long) months. After a year of not finding his people, he has found an abundance here. 

Today I woke up to this:



I’m so glad I’m not traveling in it and I can rest in a warming house with some of my favorite people. I get to talk to another of my favorite tomorrow. 

Life is good. (And Boaz has a computer for his school work.)

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I'm so glad you're with your people again. <3

I'm also glad you were safe the whole way!