The last day of our trip to Idaho, New Year's Eve 2008, Craig and his younger brother decided to play basketball with the young teenagers. I stayed home, well--at said brother's home--because I had gotten into a really good book.
(Now Craig is saying on the 30th. I'm still not too sure. Anyway, before the New Year.)
When they got home, I went to the door and saw Brad being the crutch for a hobbling Craig. Josh says, "But be sure to say they won the game."
I thought great. I hope my driving doesn't drive him to distraction on our way home with all the snowy roads. But never fear, his driving foot was okay. He drove the whole way, although I did offer a few times. But he was a bear when we got home.
Craig is now saying that Brad pushed him ;), but actually he was trying to get to a ball that was on its way out of bounds. He rolled his ankle and heared a pop. The first worry was an Achilles' tendon. What a blessing that was not it.
We drive home Thursday, the first. And Craig is headed to Madras after church on the 4th. He was finishing up training of the new guy at the hospital. So, he's around doctors all day on Monday. They talk him into having an X-ray on Tuesday and it's broken. Thanks to the good doctors in Madras, he's all fixed up with a cast and crutches. And instead of this being his last month to go back, he heads back in 4 weeks as a patient. :)
Can you tell from the cast that they still love him? :)

2 comments:
Ooohhhh!
He hobbled around on a broken ankle for 5 days? Wow!
I hope he heals quickly!
Ahh. That's awful. I have never broken a bone, but the thought of it makes me cringe and grossed out. Poor Craig. I hope, too, that it will heal quickly. Wish him my best.
Post a Comment