I took my boys to visit my very good friend, Loretta. She lives on a ranch. The trip was more for me, and Loretta and I spent hours talking about fabric and quilts and catching up on old friends. The boys went outside to play and found her bird bath, cat and dog water bucket. It's a lovely feature that the boys discovered that they could dump and build dams and mud cities and generally mud anything.
They were satisfied and I sent them immediately into the shower. I was glad they found a good place to play while I played with my friend. :)

2 comments:
I must admit that after looking very hard at the boys' feet, I still couldn't see any mud. They must be awfully clean mud-diggers and builders. :)
Sounds like a good day for all though--conversation for the women and outdoor play for the children--something for everyone!
It's always nice when the kids enjoy where they are enough to give you your friend time! SOunds like you all had a great time. I love people who let there kids get good and dirty! Nothing beats that kind of memory.
Post a Comment