Thursday, June 25, 2009

Head waters of the Metolius River

 
 
 

After stopping in Sisters for the quilt shop and ice cream we stopped to see the headwaters of the Metolius River. A spring under the butte empties out the side of the hill and the river begins wide and clear. No merging of little brooklets, but a full river from the start.

We counted chipmunks as we walked to the headwaters. One little, cheeky guy was bold enough to sit still about 2 yards away while I took his picture. On our way back, he might have been the one who actually ran toward us on the path. I didn't have my camera on, so I missed that photo op, but he was charming.

A fun little walk to see the birth of a river.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anaise said...

Cute matching, weaponed, protective boys!

Wendy said...

I didn't pack for a hot day. I love Walmart. The shirts were $3 each.