Back in December, we attended an Arrow of Light Ceremony for a friend of Josh's. He had his face painted. Josh was impressed and told me that is what he wanted.
So tonight, he got his face painted.
Blue, yellow, white and orange for the 4 winds and attributes of scouts
On his chin, green, black, brown and purple for each year of Cub Scouting.
On his nose, a long red strip for his Arrow of Light.
I quilted a sun symbol with 7 rays and bought an arrow. I will take all his badges and belt loops and awards that he has on his shirt and put them on a banner that will hang under the arrow. That will hang on the wall to remember all the work he (we) did.
Craig said he wanted to come to see Josh get the award I earned. I was relentless in making sure he did the requirements. But I was also his Bear leader for a while and his Webelos leader for a while. I learned the program. That is what you get when you ask mothers to be part of the program.

2 comments:
That looks pretty fun!
Congratulations Josh (and Wendy)!
Scouting is a family thing! Good work! great pics, lm
Post a Comment