Monday, July 11, 2011

Saturday morning

I woke up at 5:00 am this Saturday morning.

I rarely wake up that early. But we had a family outing planned.

We were headed to the Blackfoot River to check out fishing holes.

Craig had plans later that day, in fact, starting at 11:00 am, Craig was booked until 8 - 9 pm.

On the way, we saw 2 moose. We grabbed the binoculars to make sure they were moose, and yes, indeed -- they were. They saw us, and started booking it. They ran behind a ridge and we couldn't see them anymore.

We headed on our way.

Next we saw 3 hawks. They were all sitting on a fence. We scared two off the fence, but one sat still with one wing extended ready, but not committed. (We saw another hawk on the way home. He was sitting on a fence too.)

We made it to the river. I was fascinated by the birds seeming to dive bomb the bridge. We got out and I noticed they had mud nests under the span.



The birds were also swooping over the river. We had managed to be in the middle of some kind of fly hatch. There were millions. The birds were feasting.

The fish were not biting. I imagine they had already feasted and were full. But Boaz was hopeful. He was practising his cast.

Craig and Josh rode away on the four wheeler for a bit. I got a picture of them when they came back. They had stopped for breakfast. Cheerios and milk. Yum.


The boys then started playing king of the rock.

We were surprised by a splash. We turned to look, and there was a huge, white pelican. We watched for further evidence and eventually saw three pelicans.

They were so graceful when they were soaring.

A fun Saturday morning. Craig then got to go golfing and singing for the rest of the day.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Mornings like that are priceless!