Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend in the sun

I took my camera to both places, but I didn't ever take it out of the bag.

I was too busy playing in the water.

Saturday we went to Lava Hot Springs, and played in the pool. Boaz loves the water and he was in heaven. Josh enjoys the water too. They were teasing each other and playing together.

I tried to get Boaz to float on his back. He still hates that part. But he loves going under water (with his goggles). At the end of the day, he found a quarter in the pool. He decided to scope out the entire shallow end (4 feet and under). He found a pair of goggles, one earring and lots of garbage. But he had fun hunting.

Josh and his dad rode the water slides. He got in the hunting under water for a while. And he did the pre-teen thing and laid out.

Monday we went to Heise Hot Springs. We played nine holes of golf with Craig. I hit the ball so much better. I had high arching balls. Unfortunately, I struggle to aim the ball. So I went through lots of them. I lost two over the road. I was in the trees, searching. But I did manage two double bogies and one bogie. No pars this time, but I had fun.

Then we hit the pool. This pool has an old slide that curves and curves. No big drops, but lots of fun. They boys wanted to slide all day long. I went with them seven times, Craig went nine times. They each went more than 10. (We bought  ten ride passes, so we had to keep track.)

I managed to not sunburn too badly. I loaded up on the sun screen, and I wore a little dress that covered my back and shoulders. But there was one patch that I missed. But knowing how my skins reacts to the sun, I did a great job keeping it protected.

I am grateful that the boys have their father's skin. They are getting a nice tan. Of course I sun screened them up too. But you can tell that they have played in the sun this summer. :)

1 comment:

Joseph & Shaylee said...

sounds like a lot of fun! We're finally getting some real summer weather.