Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I got myself into this.

Josh is attending a two weekend powow for scouts.

He is earning four merit badges. I told him he had to do two required ones and he could pick two fun ones.

So we are in the middle of Citizenship in the Community and Citizenship in the Nation.

He needs 8 hours of volunteer work for Community. I was at a loss. At work, I was talking with my friend who helps run the after school program. She was like, Duh! Bring him here.

So, last Thursday, Monday, Tuesday, today, and tomorrow he will get his 8 hours in.

Yesterday he also had piano lessons. I called to see if there was a cancellation and if we could take it because he also had to attend a town meeting and there was one that started at 7:00.

Today is the volunteering again, regular scouts moved up to 5:30. They will be working on the swimming part of the 1st Class (I think) and then he has a band concert tonight at 7:00. Grandma and Grandpa will be coming.

Tomorrow will be the last day of volunteering, and he has to read a famous speech.

Still to do, write a presentation (speech -- because I don't have the computer or the skills for the other) and find someone to interview about something in our community.

These are major things and I am a bit overwhelmed. But I am not telling that to Josh. We are just getting it done.

I like a much slower life.

No comments: