Our kitties like to play in the horse pasture behind our back yard. They go and spend a lovely day, and come (sometimes) when I call -- they are cats after all.
Today the pasture was getting watered. He flood irrigates it.
When they left this morning, it was lakish in just a few places. Tonight when we came home from visiting Grandma and Grandpa, it was all lakish.
When I called out the back door, they poked their heads over the plank fence. It was wet between me and them, but they wanted to come home. I wanted them to come home. I kept calling. They started and then stopped whey they sunk ankle deep in the water.
I must admit, Craig and I found this very amusing. I kept calling to see what they would do.
I tried to give them a hint of where the high ground was.
Mayo looked around, backtracked a bit and trotted over on the small dike under a wire fence.
I guess Cinco didn't pay attention. He persisted in finding his own way, with many stops and starts along the way. Several times he got to the middle of the lake, and went back. If he would have kept going, he would have spent the same amount in the water. He had very little foresight.
He almost made it to the small dike and a dry crossing, but gave up on it and forged through the water.
Mayo had wet feet, he was wet up to his knees.
I am, however, very glad they are home. And I enjoyed the show. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment