Monday I learned how to boogie board. I have no pictures. I was too busy getting all sandy and trying to make sure my suit was still covering me.
It was way fun. The surf churned up the sand, and that churned up sand got everywhere. Brad later called it "Sand in Your Crack Beach". Another day we were there, I saw a sign that said that this was the beach with the most spinal injuries. I am glad that we survived it twice.
Lunch and then we snorkeled again. I was very interested in getting some good practice in because Brad had booked us an open water snorkel trip. More on that to come.
The beach we chose was a little out of the way beach. We just pulled off the road and saw a local family there playing. We only saw one couple snorkeling. I spoke with them, and they said this was their favorite spot. Sounded good.
The water was murky. Too much sand on the bottom. I saw a few fish, but there were at least 9 turtles. I was able to swim with them a bit. They had plenty of room to avoid me and get away, but they seemed oblivious. I enjoyed it and practiced snorkeling without my bright yellow life vest. This time Craig stayed close, but I didn't hold his hand. Obviously I was growing up fast in the snorkeling world.
There is a picture of us girls standing by a turtle in the water and making the turtle sign. I think it was from this beach. But the picture will live here in my blog. :)
I know this picture is not centered well, but you can see the turtle (who looks like a rock) and us girls laughing. Poor Kris is partially cut out.

No comments:
Post a Comment