Craig had to get right to work the next Monday, but the boys and I had Spring Break. So I got to sleep in and rest up while Craig had to get up and go to work. He hates the days that he is the only one getting up. I felt bad for him, but I was happy to not have to get up.
That Friday, Karly was taking out her endowments. She is getting ready to go on a mission. She will be serving in the Salt Lake City Mission.
My brother, Joe, drove up from St George on Wednesday night. We drove all night and arrived in Oregon Friday morning. We met Brenda for breakfast in Salem where we ordered lunch. I was happy to get a yummy salad. There is something about traveling that messes with my innards. I must be getting older.
After we ate, we drove to Dallas and showered up. I had a few people that I needed to see. My friend, Gladys, was turning 100 years old. I called and went to visit. I would miss her party by a day, but I got to see her. I also saw my former Visiting Teacher. Her dad was celebrating a birthday as well. I think he was turning 87.
Willa, Pete, Kayla, and Alysa arrived that night. Deb, Ivan, Raven, and Paul arrived that night too. Carl arrived Friday morning.We had a yummy breakfast and got ready and headed to the temple. Boaz and I wanted to get to the temple early to meet with Thea.
Thea looked so good. It was great to see her. I have missed her. We went to find a restaurant and saw the rest of the family. We piled into a Oriental rice bowl place and chatted and laughed and ate. It was great.
We went to the temple and took a few pictures.
Cousins at the Portland Temple. Karly had already gone in.
Beautiful girls.
Getting Boaz in the action. He was happy to see Thea. In fact, he agreed to the long drive to be able to see her.
Sweet picture. Don't they look happy?
At the temple I kept seeing people that I knew from everywhere I had lived in Oregon. Outside, I saw a couple from when we were in Madras. In the dressing room, I saw a daughter of our across the street neighbor from Gresham. Our former bishop and his wife were in the session with us. They were the ones we traveled to Spain to see last year. Some of the temple workers were members of our ward in Gresham. I saw the daughter of my former Relief Society President from Madras. It was sweet reunions all day long. I think that is what heaven will be like. Seeing people that you loved from all periods of your life. And happy smiles to be meeting in such a happy, amazing place.
These pictures are from after the session.
Boaz took a picture of his friend, Moroni.
Our group in the atrium. Willa and Pete, Joe, Me, Carl, Karly, Kayla, Brenda, Tim, Kimberly. In the front: Auntie, Deb, Raven
Auntie and Karly.
Auntie, Karly and Kimberly
Outside in front of the flowering cherry (I think) tree.
Boaz, Alysa and Ivan joined the group.
Paul has the hat on. He came out from behind the camera for this one.
Pete wanted to be able to see the pretty tree.
I had found a duck in the shrubbery and was communing with the wildlife. Brenda needs documentation on me every once in a while. An odd picture, I know. But I like it. :)
It was a beautiful day. We drove back to Brenda's and just talked.
Saturday morning, Joe, Boaz and I left. The others stayed for a barbecue.
Joe needed to get back for Sunday responsibilities and I had a talk to prepare. Besides, I do not like driving on Sunday. I've had tire problems the last two times I drove on Sunday. And I think Easter is the holiest day of the year. Not a day to drive and miss Church.
It was an amazing trip. So good to see so many family members in the temple.
1 comment:
Looks like you had fun! Great picture of Moroni Boaz. :)
Post a Comment