Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years have come and gone. Although I like Valentine's Day, it just isn't enough to push the doldrums away for long. That and many times Valenine's Day is a day of loneliness for those who haven't found that special someone.
This year Craig is one the road. His goal is to make it home in time to take me to a crab dinner. The map app tells him it is 12 hours and 28 minutes to get home.
I am not working today. I have the sheets in the wash. The kids are at school. I have holes in the walls to fill, a quilt to start, shopping to do.
I think about running, but it started to snow and the wind is hard to run in. I have lost the lungs a bit from when I was running daily.
Yesterday I painted my toes.
Today I have a hair appointment. I am thinking about going just a bit shorter, especially around the ears. The natural curl there tends to curl forward giving me a weird cowlick at ear level.
Today taking Boaz to the bus today, and for the last week or so, it has been light enough to read the spelling words to quiz him.
The sun is returning.
The ground is thawing.
It is warm and then snows again.
We need the moisture.
Badly.
My soul yearns for the sun and its warmth.
I want to see life return to the earth: flowers, green grass, leaves budding on the trees.
The promise of Spring teases me the month of February - all 28 days long.
And I remember the promise of Spring, with its renewal of life, is a symbol of the promise of the return of the Son and the Life He offers.
I must remember to yearn for Him as I long for Spring.

1 comment:
What a lovely post.
What lovely toes. :)
Post a Comment