Saturday, May 31, 2014

Last Week of School

I worked at Boaz's school for the last week of school. That meant I got to take Boaz to school every day that last week. I was in the room just across the room from Boaz's class. 

Two of the four days were pure party days. Wednesday we went to water park. I had to run heard on 17 fifth graders. I was a bit nervous making sure I had all students present and accounted for. I watched Boaz go around and around the lazy river.  I got in for one turn around.  I didn't get the camera out. I don't know why I do that. 

The next day the fifth graders took the whole school through a track day. The school was raising money for cancer survivors. One of the students, and a member of our ward family is a second grader who is fighting cancer. He was diagnosed with an extremely rare form of melanoma. He is in good shape right now. His six month check up was good. We are all praying for him for his next check up. I was out in the morning and then gave up my place to the other teachers. I hung out with the other fifth grade teacher. We finished outside with the students as they ran the victory lap and Popsicles. The students raised over $170.00 just by bringing in change. 

The last day was filled with a huge assembly. Boaz received an award for being a junior librarian. Usually the fifth graders get the recognition, but because we are moving and won't be back next year, they gave him the certificate as a fourth grader. 


Our school librarian got super sick back in February. Nobody knew what was wrong. She saw every doctor they could think of in South East Idaho and finally about six weeks ago went to Salt Lake City to the University of Utah Hospital. She was diagnosed with a very rare migraine that caused nuerological issues. She is having to learn to walk again. She came the last day of school. She was usung a walker. She kept her sun glasses on, I don't know if she has a light sensitivity. She was very active and heath conscious. It is crazy the health issues that our little community has had this year. 

Boaz is happy to be done with his fourth grade year. I am happy to be done also. 


I am also grateful for my healthy boys. 

I missed any pictures of Josh on the last day. 


No comments: