There was a forcast of rain for the evening. But Craig and I didn't really believe it. The day had been beautiful. We took blankets because I lime to sit on something a little softer than just the metal bleachers. We took jackets because it can get a little chilly in the evening.
We arrived in plenty of time, I thought. But because it was homecoming the bleachers were already filling up an hour before kickoff.
A picture waiting for the game to start.
Boaz felt a few drops on his head and wanted to protect it.
Craig leaned into for a picture with two of his favorite people.
Thea had taken the night off at the restaurant where she works so she could see Josh play during half time.
As we waited, Craig and I watched the clouds grow darker. We heard the announcement that lightening was close and the game was delayed for 30 minutes.
We watched people gather up blankets and leave the bleachers. Then the announcement came that they were evacuating the metal bleachers. Thea had already headed to the car. She had driven separately.
We saw a big tent and decided to wait out the rain.
We were not the only ones that had that idea. The clouds opened and spilled buckets.
I was happy that Craig was there to share the moment and the decisions with.
Eventually, we filed back into the stands. This time we were right up against the student section. Not as good seats. The band decided that they were done. No anthem, but we stood for the Pledge. Our team started slow, but were coming back. Then Craig got Josh's call. The band was headed home. They have a big day today. A band competition in Caldwell.
We headed home foe Mexican hot chocolate.
I still don't know what happened at the game. But I do know the rain started up again and the lightening lit the sky for quite a while last night.
Still memories were made and the family was together.




1 comment:
How interesting that the band gets to function so separately from the football team--I would have thought there was an obligation to keep up morale and be pro-school spirit and all that.
Shows what I know. :)
Hope the competition was a good one!
Post a Comment