Wednesday, December 9, 2015

First Concert

I have been busy looking back recently with Boaz. His last Primary Program. His last year in elementary school. His last what ever.

I need to still acknowledge his firsts.

He had his first band concert last night. 

He sat with the Beginning Band and Played:
   
    Ode to Joy by Beethoven/Bullock
     Jingle Bells arr by Higgins
     Up on the Housetop arr by Sweeney
     A Christmas Sleigh Ride by Feldstein/O'Reilly

Josh told me that Sweeney is a great arrainger for middle school music. Josh was very much the proud brother watching Boaz with his trumpet. He realized how far he has come since he started playing 4 1/2 years ago. When the band director mentioned that they were playing eighth notes Josh didn't quite know how to respond. It was good for him to remember.


A blurry picture of Boaz, third in from the edge. His horn is at a good level and he was confident in his part. Every day he practices 20 minutes after school. He tells me when he learns a new note. He has enjoyed band.

After the concert I made him stand for a picture with his bow tie.


A silly face. I wanted him to take out his trumpet. I was outvoted - everybody to one. :) 


Laughing at me and Josh. I love  his smile. I love his humor. I love the way he sees life.


Wanting me to be done and go home to watch the show they are into right now. Giving me a smile and hoping it will be enough.

I love this boy.




1 comment:

Anaise said...

Man! He's cute, too!

You have two really cute boys on your hands!