I remembered Balam and his donkey, but no particular verse stood out.
I remembered Miriam and Aaron murmuring and Miriam getting leprosy for a bit and having to live out of the camp for a week. Certainly warning scriptures, but not one that I wanted to ponder for a week.
I read about Joshua and Caleb getting ready to take the Host of Israel over the river and Moses having to get ready to give over leadership. The story picks back up a bit in Numbers.
But I ended up going back to a verse near the beginning. A verse that spoke to me about how Moses communicated with God. A story that shows what is possible, a goal to strive for.
I'm sure that sometimes I speak in dark speeches, somewhat garbled and searching for the truth in the thought. I search the feelings of my heart and try and identify answers from Heaven and dismiss my own desires and selfish wants.
To talk with God mouth to mouth, even apparently - to actually have conversations with Him. To hear His voice and His words.
I don't have Moses' task. Caring for rebellious Israel in the wilderness for 40 years. After all the miracles and they still cried for Egypt when it got hard. Perhaps that was his salvation in the midst of the murmuring mess of his life. What a blessing to have little chats with God. A moment of sanity when his people are loosing their heads and their faith and sometimes their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment