Friday, June 10, 2016

Scripture

A new scripture today. I have been taking my time through Isaiah. I haven't wanted to rush through.

Today while I was waiting for Boaz to get done with school (there is still one more week), I found these verses.


Verse 8 caught my attention first. Jacob was chosen, he was called as a servant. But what he said about Abraham is why I decided to use this verse. Abraham is the friend of God. There are a few verses where He names His friends, but not really a lot. I longed for that to be said of me. I think I still have a long way to go, but maybe He can still say it as I struggle and fail. 

If He can't say that about me yet, maybe He can say He has chosen me and not cast me away. I am still on the Team. I am maybe on the practise squad, but my name is still on the roster. How do I know that, because I keep choosing Him. Some days I'm better than others, but I still choose Him everyday.

And then verse 10 is the text for one of my favorite songs. The melody sounds in my mind - How Firm a Foundation.

Truely I think that is the reason I love Isaiah so much. I read and randomly hear melodies of songs that I love. Sometimes I can't remember the title of the song and get stuck in the verse and can't move off it. But so much music has been inspired by Isaiah, so as I read his poetic words, music and melody frequently play in my mind.

No comments: