What are parents to do? We went shopping for trumpets.
Craig said he could open presents first thing in the morning. He waited impatiently for me to get out of the shower so we could open presents. He had a card from Thea.
A gift card for XBox.
A certificate for a yummy cup cake from a dessert shop. Thank you to the Wolflies in our ward who remembered our boy.
I made him open this one last. It was the only wrapped present.
I think he was a bit disappointed. There was no way there was a trumpet in that tiny present.
He had no idea what it was. But there was a note included. To find what this cleans look in the cubbie in the couch.
Next he was directed upstairs to the sewing room closet.
Don't look at the messy closet. Creation is messy. He was then directed to Craig and my closet.
This one was a bit more difficult to find. I had to help him see the card sticking out of my robe pocket. He was then directed downstairs to the storage room.
I'm a bit bummed at the lack of focus in the picture. But the excitement is still evident.
The trumpet case with a golden bow.
A happy birthday boy.
It is a beautiful instrument.
For the past two days, the house has been filled with the sound of a boy learning how to play the trumpet. He can't wait to get home from school and get it out. Josh has been his teacher; helping him find the notes and learning the scale.
Josh is also happy to have a trumpet in the house so he can learn this instrument as well.
Josh said we were evil for making him search for his present. But on the way to school later that day, Boaz said it was the best birthday ever.
I do love this boy. He is so willing to be happy with life and what he has. It is rewarding to be his mom and see the joy he finds in life.











1 comment:
That is a delightful story! I love how excited he is! Happy birthday to Boaz!!!
Post a Comment