Saturday, May 9, 2015

Track Meet

The first day I didn't get any pictures. He ran the 400 and the two mile (3600). Aunt Sandy and Grandma came to sit with us and cheer Josh on. I guess I was too busy talking to take pictures.

Boaz and I barely got there in time to watch him race the 400. I had planned to get some shopping done while we were in Idaho Falls and Rigby. But there was no time. After the race, I hurried to get him some food. Chicken, chips, fruit snacks and protein drinks at Mark's store. He liked the chicken and took some protien drinks. I have found that I love fruit snacks. I probably eat them more than the kids.

He was very happy with his 400 race. Racing with the big boys is a bit hard on me. He runs his race, but there is a senior who is state champion and competes nationally. He is incredibly fast. Blows my mind.

The 3600 is a grueling race. He was lapped and was the last one to finish, but he put in a good time for him. He and Craig are planning on training all summer to get ready for the new season. They have plans.

The next day I took Boaz out of school early so I could get my shopping done. I am going to do an eagle quilt for Josh for getting his Eagle. It is a bit of an incentive for him to not drop the project, I hope anyway. It was a shop hop, so I took the packet and tracked down stores I had never been too. The  navigation system in our new car was awesome. (Side note, the old truck and Suburban would never pass emissions in CA, so we got a new, smaller car. I love it.)

I dragged Boaz into five quilt shops. He was good natured about it, but it ranks down among his least favorite things to do -- going to a quilt shop with him mom.

It was a colder day. I took a few pictures for Craig.


A picture of Boaz and I huddled in our blankets.


Boaz trying to stay warm and read his book.

Josh ended up not running in the mile, but he did run the 800. I thought he did great, but he wasn't very happy. He was 8 seconds slower that he personal record. However the wind was blowing and it was a cold day. Not really optimal for running.

I offered to take him out to dinner, but he put a kabosh on that. We just drove home and I made spagetti.

I am still impressed that he made it to districts and a freshman. He's not too impressed. He said they had a spot open. He was just filling in the numbers.

Track is officially over. A whole bunch of time just opened up for my Josh.


1 comment:

Anaise said...

Soccer is officially over, and my girls now have a bunch of open time just like Josh. I hope we fill it well . . . as a family. The girls are going to be grumpy about it for a while.