Sunday, May 31, 2015

The new lawyer

My brother, Carl, has been working on his dream. He has always wanted to be a lawyer, but he got married and got down to the hard  business of providing for a family. A few years back he went back to school and got his Bachelors. Then he applied and was accepted to Law School. Three hard years later and he has acheived his dream.

I went down to SLC for his swearing in. We met at Little America Hotel for a special session of the Utah Supreme Court. We all stood as the justices filed in and then the program.


All  the canidates stood as their names were read.


We were very lucky to be sitting right behind him.


His name on the back of the program.


Our view of the proceedings.


They all stood and raised their right hand and were sworn in as new lawyers. Pretty awesome.

I dashed down after I got the boys to school and then I dashed back to be home when the boys got home from school. A very quick trip, but worth it. I got to sit by my brother's son who is a senior in high school. A good example to never give up on your dreams.


They new lawyer. Silly man wasn't looking at me. He was laughing at what Pete or Willa was saying. But a happy day with family support. I'm so proud of him.





No comments: