Sunday, January 24, 2016

LuRolls

My sister-in-law makes amazing rolls. She brings them to every family party. We all look forward to her rolls. Her name is LuRose and Kris has dubbed her rolls LuRolls. They are melt in your mouth delicous.

I have been happy to let her be the author of that deliciousness for a very long time. I have been asked to bring rolls to things, but I have resorted to store bought rolls. 

Today we have been invited to dinner at a member of our ward's home. We were assigned rolls. I decided to be brave and attempt the fabulous LuRolls.

With Church at 11, I decided the best time to make them was this morning. 


I love when the dough popps the lid and grows beyond the bowl. My personal sign that the yeast is happy and working.


Using the pizza cutter, I cut the dough into inchish strips and then tied knots. I was a bit bummed that I had hard bits in my beautiful soft dough. You can see one in the top right roll. But I continued on and didn't pick it out.


I made three dozen rolls. The last pan was the best. Instead of baking them for 10 minutes, I left them in for 13. I was rewarded with beautiful golden rolls. 

We tasted tested them. I'm not sure they are as good as LuRose's rolls, but they are yummy! I am having to guard them from the family so we will have enough to take to dinner in an hour.

I am quite pleased with the results.