Saturday, April 9, 2016

Scripture

I'm in Psalms.

The longest book of the Old Testament.

The middle book of the Old Testament.

I've heard it said that Psalms constantly testifies of the Savior.

Some of the Psalms sing to me.

Most of them don't.

I am trying not to rush through them.

I have been looking for a verse to write about. I know I am not on schedule of one verse a week.

Today I found a sweet little verse that caught my attention.


I confess sometimes I put my trust in worldly things instead of where I should.

Sometimes I forget where joy lies. Sometimes I think service is a burdon. Sometimes I look forward to the future and only see disaster.

During Women's Conference I was reminded, rather strongly, that I should serve joyfully. Such service is a gift to Jesus and should always be considered in that light. I should be happy and feel privileged to drive an older lady where ever and when ever she needed to go because I was showing my love for my Savior. I have been working on changing my perspective. However, prior to my latest lesson, I seem to have already shown my annoyance and said lady seems to be highly offended. I trusted in the gas tank rather in the Lord.

I have recently been called to serve as first counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. This will give me many chances to serve joyfully and trust in the Lord.

I pray my perspective will remain eternal and that I will not offend needy or sensitive sisters. I pray I will joyfully serve in the Kingdom. I pray I will more fully trust in the Lord.

1 comment:

Anaise said...

I hope you have joy in your calling!

I was just extended a call . . . but I don't have an answer about saying yes or no yet. I want to serve, but I think my service at home is enough right now and this call will pull me from home regularly. It doesn't feel like wisdom in God. But I'm struggling with feeling faithful enough.

Urgh!

I still wish you joy in your calling. :)