Today I am hoping they are safe.
Yesterday Boaz and I were annoyed as the gardeners started trimming trees at 7 am. The buzz of the chainsaws droned on for over an hour -- there are a lot of trees on our street.
I didn't think about the nests. I didn't worry about the hummingbirds.
Today there were loud birds in my back yard. They were new. I didn't recognize them. They were not the cooing doves. They squawked and trilled their agitation. I finally put it together. They must have lost their home.
The tree looks like this now. There is a lot of daylight between the branches. Yesterday I was thinking maybe Craig should trim out tree.
This is our tree. The other tree used to be this full. I wonder how many nests were destroyed and how many birds have been displaced.
I hope the hummingbirds that buzzed my patio are okay and will come back next year. I hope the upset birds in my backyard find new homes and find peace.
Meanwhile, we will deal with the falling leaves and yellow seeds that sprinkle our patio. I've decided not to trim the tree.


1 comment:
Good for you! Trim your tree in autumn!
We have two holes in our house, right under my bedroom window, in which a couple of house wren families are being raised. Every spring they do this, and we leave the holes alone because we don't want to displace the nests, but then every autumn we forget to fill the holes!!! We need to do it to protect our home, but we cannot bring ourselves to hurt the birds. Yesterday morning we saw babies sticking their heads out, demanding more food and faster from their parents. :)
Post a Comment