It is so gloomy. I struggled, but just had to write about this verse.
However, we are promised a different ending than Jeremiah. The Lord told Elisha there were still 7,000 men who had not bent the knee to false gods. The nation would be punished, but not destroyed.
There are more than 7,000 who are still faithful. We will not be destroyed utterly, although I believe we will be chastened. We must come to the point where we acknowledge that He is God.
So we are still laboring in the harvest. We still have work to do and souls to save. I am glad my fate will be different than that of Jeremiah. We will live and overcome the evils of the world and welcome Him home.

1 comment:
It's a terrible, but true message that eventually time will run out. I want my kids to know the gorgeous message of the gospel that repentance is always possible, but I simultaneously feel the urgency of repenting NOW because time is passing--the end is near.
Post a Comment