Terry and I met at work. She has worked for over 30 years at the Vision Clinic. When I first met her she was so quiet. She had taken five years off to care for her husband. He passed from cancer just over a year ago. She needed to get out of the house and to reconnect with life so she came back to work.
Now I can’t even remember her being quiet. Well obviously I can, but she isn’t quiet around me anymore. Which I am so grateful for. We giggle our way through the work day when she is working. She works two days a week. She knows so much. I’m glad I’ve had the time to get to know her and work with her.
She just had cataract surgery. Which means that her prescription was no longer good. Trying to see with the old glasses was driving her crazy. She also has prism, so her eyes were trying to make her sick. She was trying out different options to block one eye.
We laughed all day over her troubles. She is wonderful that way. Looking to find the joy in life. Her sense of humor meets with mine.
I will miss her. I’m so blessed to have her as a friend.
1 comment:
People like this are the true salt of the earth. How glad I am for you both to have each other!
Post a Comment