Karly is a stud! She was fierce and focused. She played wide receiver and was a great blocker. Craig was impressed at how many girls she blocked and shut down. She closed the lanes and hussled and all out impressed us. She was a big part of the Juniors victory over the Seniors. You can't see in this picture, but she even recieved a black eye as a battle wound. The seniors were not happy to be beaten, and they played girl dirty. Karly was attacked by the "face scratcher" and still she did not back down. The Juniors won 6 to 0.
After the game, she had just enough patience left to smile for my picture and then she charged her mom and almost tackled her for a hug. She returned the conquering hero.
Way to go Karly!

5 comments:
That's the baby I cuddled at BYU?
Sheesh!
Based on your description of the game, I won't be in any hurry to sign my girls up for football! :)
Hey hey! This is "Powder Puff Girl". Flag football was a blast, no joke. I am quite proud of my black eye. Though its almost healed and you can only see it when my eyes are closed its a battle wound none the less.
I Love The Pics Aunt Wendy! Mom is going to submit some to the yearbook commitee!
I love that. I still see you as the little girl, not quite two, who was walking barefoot on the grass and was saying, "sorwy, sorwy" because everytime you hurt yourself, we said sorry to you. Sixteen years have gone by so fast.
Now I guess I'll have to add the powder puff girl to all my memories of you. I'm glad to be a part of your growing.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!! I would have never thought Karly would do that!! It's amazing! She NEVER stops surprising me! I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor at the sight of Karly in her football uniform! A-MAZ-ING!!
I finally got around to checking out the blog world. Way to go Karly!!!
Post a Comment