Saturday, July 10, 2010

China Town

We wandered toward China Town on Saturday. We had no idea we would wander into a festival. We caught the opening ceremonies with the Lion Dancers. They had cute little kid lion dancers too. It was very hot, and I thought those poor kids inside that lion head, but maybe they enjoyed the shade.

 


I liked the tiger striped lion/dragon. The two red ones were a matched pair.

 


We had fun going into a shop. Lots of books and movies in Chinese. Lots of beautiful wood crafts. Of course I was drawn to all the expensive things. But we didn't have room in our bags. But it was really fun to look. I've decided that I like jade. I'll have to save up though. :)

 


They had 4 of these dragons as a sculpture. I knew Josh would like to see them. They reminded me of the dragons on the Avatar cartoon.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: