I cut his hair because he refuses to comb it. It is naturally curly and it tends to go a bit wild.
I hemmed his pants and ironed his shirt. We were ready just before it was time to go.
The concert included the choirs. It was fun to listen to Christmas carols and watch the kids sing that I knew from the ward. So fun to watch such talented girls sing fun songs.
Symphonic band wa she last group. Craig is still in Kansas, so I took videos of the three songs. Josh sat on the right side, stage front, last row. He had a huge, full size tuba that was way bigger than he was. I listened to him play the first song. As the only tuba, I thought I could hear him pretty easily. I must have been hearing the bassoon.
After the first song, Josh got up and walked off the stage. He had to walk from stage right, across the back by he percussion and exited stage left. He came back with music in his hand. I had no idea what was going on. He was very composed and played the other two songs.
After the concert, Josh told us what had happened. He had picked up the wrong music. He had the tenor sax music. He only played what he had memorized for the first song. Too funny.
Our friend, Bart Brown, commented on how well Josh played. Bart had played tuba all through high school and college up until his mission. He said he had a good tone and he stayed on beat, which tends to be hard for tuba players - pushing that amount of air through all those pipes.
After the concert, I made Josh pose for a few pictures. He had borrowed a bow tie and had given it back, so I didn't get a picture of the bow tie.
The tuba is huge.
I think it would be hard to balance that huge brass instrument.
Great face. He must have been right in the middle of a story.
He hadn't played the tuba since seventh grade. He is one of two freshmen in Symphonic Band. He is the only tuba. He's been playing it for only two weeks. Kinda crazy to get a concert ready in just two weeks, but Christmas comes when it comes and the new trimester started when it started. So after two weeks back on the tuba and starting off with the wrong music, Josh made it through his first concert with the symphonic band.



1 comment:
Seriously, you get major mom points for jumping up and helping that boy out with his surprise announcement!
He's a cute boy, and I'm glad his concert was great.
Post a Comment