Saturday, December 20, 2014

We made it to 16 years.

Craig started the day in Kansas. They plan was he was coming home that night and we would have 30 minutes of our anniversary together - his flight was scheduled to come in at 11:30 pm. 

We texted back and forth through the day. I spent some time with Boaz at his class party. A ton of sugar later, I called Criag back (he had called during the chaos). We were both excited he was coming home. It had been three weeks since we had seen each other. 

The day drug on. I am fighting a chest cold. I ignored all the things I have to do and just chilled. 

I was gearing up for the ride to the airport last night and I got a text from Craig that his flight was delayed for two hours. So not happy. I set my phone alarm and took a nap. He was now scheduled to come in at 1:30 am. We would miss the whole anniversary. 

I woke up at midnight and checked to see how the flight looked. There was a mixup with the plane and they had to unload and get on another plane. He had been at the airport for ever. He had driven during the day to make sure the roads were good. 

I didn't get the story until I saw him at the airport. 

The flight originated in Canada. A passenger freaked out in the terminal and they evacuated, took care of the freak-out and started all over again. The reason for the original two hour delay. At Denver they all loaded on a different plane, except the new plane was already fueled for a return to Canada. With the passengers, luggage and fuel load it wa stop heavy for the airport in Idaho Falls. So they unloaded and waited for a new plane. 

He arrived at 2:30 in the morning. Most of the airport personnel were gone. Craig said there was just one girl working on the bags. It took about half an hour to get the bags in the practically deserted airport. 

The 30 minute ride home and we didn't get home until 3:30 am. 

I haven't really been up to do anything today. 

We did go to a baptism this morning. That was wonderful. I went to the store for milk and got stuff for neighbor treats. Those will have to wait until Monday. 

Today we enjoyed being together. 

A good start on year seventeen. 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

Congratulations!!!!!!