Friday, December 5, 2014

Nativity scene

Our Ward Christmas party featured our youth. 

Josh was playing Joseph. I had to come up with a costume. I finally decided to get some cheap fabric from Walmart. I made a very simple costume. I am grateful for my serger, even if it takes so long to thread it. I finally had to get the right glasses to thread all four lines. 

Here is the result. 


We borrowed the walking stick from Aunt Sandy. It completed the look. 


The angel and the annunciation. 


The shepherds. 


The wise men. I really liked the authentic Eastern outfit from our local eastern member. He is an exchange student from China. 


Choirs of Heavenly Angels. 


Our cutie friend, Mia, as a beautiful angel singing with the primary kids 


Boaz was hiding, but I got a picture of Josh singing with the primary kids. 








2 comments:

Anaise said...

His costume looks great! You're a good mom to be so dedicated. When people tell me to come up with a costume I feel put upon. I breathed a sigh of relief when our ward decided that the angels in the primary nativity wouldn't need anything more than tinsel headbands, and the primary would provide the tinsel. :)

Wendy said...

I usually don't get so invested. But he is getting older and I was always so awkward. And his bathrobe was too small this was cheaper and less time than making a new robe. Although a new robe is on my list.