Sunday, December 28, 2014

Ice skating

We were invited to go ice skating with Craig's brother and his family. I made a hat for Boaz and decided to make hats for all of us.

I akded Brad to take a picture of us with our hats.


I hadn't worn skates in decades. I was a bit worried that I would be falling all afternoon. I started of almost hugging the wall. Both Josh and Boaz were ahead of me. They were brave and adventurous.
I was proud of them.

I was a bit gimpy on the ice. I kept my left leg firmly connected to the ice and only pushed off with my   right skate. By the end of the day, I was beginning to push off with my left skate too. I only fell once, when a lady fell right in front of me and I didn't have the room or the time or the skill to avoid her. She was way not happy with me and I think she harbored bad feeling for me for not avoiding her. She did hurt her knee. I don't think she had a great time.

I also lost control and spiraled down to my hands, but I stayed on my skates.

I was surprised at the different muscles that were talking to me as I was out on the ice. It was all good fun though.

Brad gathered us in the middle of the rink for a picture just before we were done.


Brad, Kris, Maddy, Jesse, Ashlyn, Bowen, Tayvin. We missed Tyson and Cindy - they were in Mexico visiting his old mission. Jesse brought his siblings.  I didn't get their names. They were much better on the ice than I was.  It was fun to watch them. The boy in front was on Tayvin's football team, I think.

We are easy to spot with our black hats.  They were not necessarily stylish, but they were warm.  They created lots of static, so we all had to use water and fingers to get our hair back under control.
 

1 comment:

Anaise said...

How fun! We haven't been ice skating yet this year. I hope we can manage it at some point.

(Obviously, not me . . . but the rest of the family!)